The festival is open to short films of any genre produced in German-speaking countries or Denmark. It is supposed to have a maximum duration of 30 minutes. The films must not be produced prior to January 1st, 2016.
Submissions will be accepted online or as mail delivery.
For the selection an mp4 file will be sufficient which can be uploaded directly during the registration. Blu-Ray, DVD or USB flash drive may also be submitted via mail delivery. Please print out the registration form and send it along with the film. Each film must have a seperate registration form.
Submissions will be accepted until the 15th of July 2018.
1. Release copy
For the Festival however, the participants are required to provide a DCP copy of the film. Blue Ray, DVD or MP4 file (H.264 coding, 1920x1080 pixel) might be accepted too. Please contact us if you plan on handing in a copy other than DCP.
Also German or Englisch subtitles are required for any film not in either language.
2. Mail address
℅ Hochschule Flensburg
3. Delivery fees
The cost for mail delivery cannot be refunded by the Flensburger Kurzfilmtage e.V. We will have to refuse every delivery that causes expenses for us. Viewing copies and other material mailed to us cannot be sent back but will remain in the festival archive. However, we will cover the costs of the return of the screening copies that are used during the Festival.
4. Selection and notification
A jury consisting of members of the Hochschule Flensburg, the Europa-Universität Flensburg and staff of the Flensburger Kurzfilmtage e.V. will be selecting the short films later presented at the Festival. Subsequently every submitter will be notified via E-Mail whether the film made it into the competition or not.
The films selected by the jury will be presented at the festival taking place from the 14th to the 18th of November 2018 at the movie theatre „51 Stufen“. The audience then votes for the best picture which will be rewarded with a cash prize. The exact amount will be published in time on the Flensburger Kurzfilmtage website.
6. Further acknowledgements
- The Flensburger Kurzfilmtage e.V. is a non-profit organization primarily conducting cultural events.
- The participant must confirm that he has got the legal authority to submit the films and allow Flensburger Kurzfilmtage e.V. to use them as described above.
- The submitter is obliged to keep Flensburger Kurzfilmntage e.V. out of any claims by a third party that might result from legal authority issues.
- By registering the participant agrees to accept the rules of the contest.
- The members of Flensburger Kurzfilmtage e.V. decide on any exceptional or questionable issues that might not be included in the guidelines.